Date(s) - 02/08/2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Art & Soul Inspired Home
Decorate your own homemade Valentine cookies! We will decorate a total of 10 chocolate and snicker doodle flavored cookies using Royal Icing. Learn all about icing consistency, improve your piping skills, all while checking Valentine’s Day gifts off your to-do list! No experience necessary. Participants ages 10 and up are welcome. For those who have some experience or have attended class before, you’ll have the option to do a few cookies with hand lettering (calligraphy). Please specify that you would like to do the cookies and learn hand lettering. For those who have no experience, and for children, it’s highly recommended that you specify for a beginner box when registering. Beginner boxes will have the same amount of cookies but will not include ones to be hand-lettered.
All participants will learn pressure techniques, wet on wet, and marbling. Your DIY box is yours to keep along with any unused icing. Also included in your box will be packaging and twist ties for each individual cookie that you can wrap cookies in for gifting once they are set and completely dry. You’ll also receive a class hand-out with instructions for re-creating at home.
The only thing that you need to bring is a cookie sheet or shallow tray/box to transport cookies home on. Cookies will not be fully dry for 12 hours and you won’t want to stock them.
*** Exact colors and heart shapes may vary from the picture.
The fine print:
- Only payment in full holds your spot. If you book online, you will receive a notice that your booking was successful. You’ll also receive an emailed receipt from the shop (if after hours it will be the next business day). If you book in the shop, you’ll receive an emailed receipt. If you’re in question about whether your booked for the class, call us!
- Cancellations. If life happens and you realize you can’t make it, call us! Workshops cancelled more than 72 hours in advance will get one courtesy reschedule to the next mutually agreeable date or store credit. Cancellations within 72 hours in advance will receive half store credit. Class registration will be forfeited for cancellations on the day of the workshop. We have to pay for supplies and instructors and appreciate your understanding. If we have to cancel the class for any reason, your class fee will be fully refunded.
- Fully Booked. If a class says it’s full when you’re booking online, give us a call. Sometimes we hold a seat or two to keep from overbooking the class online.
- What to wear. Dress for comfort, and be ready to relax, learn and have fun.
- What to bring. Unless otherwise noted, our workshops include all materials, supplies, pre-printed notes, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Show up early! Doors open 20 minutes before class time. Please arrive early as classes will start on time and we don’t want you to miss any of the fun!
- Day workshops are suited for ages 15 and up. Evening classes are reserved for adults unless you book a private party.
Our class space is limited and some instructors prefer smaller classes so that everyone has plenty of time and attention. That means spots fill quickly! If you see something you’re interested in, book early to avoid disappointment! Come have some fun with us!!
Online bookings are closed for this event. Call 256-270-7363 to find out if we have space available.