Date(s) - 06/15/2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Shibori is the Japanese art of folding and binding fabric to resist dyes. It is a beautiful technique to use for pillows, drapery panels, scarves, pillows, table linens, and so much more. Traditionally done with indigo, we will be using the wide range of colors in Annie Sloan’s pallet of Chalk Paint®.
In this class you will learn several Shibori folding and binding techniques. You can choose one pattern or many to complete your project. We will be dyeing towels that can you can use as beautiful napkins or dish towels. A set of four is included in the cost of the class. If you would like to dye additional towels, the cost is $5 each.
The fine print:
- Reservations. Only payment in full holds your spot. If you book online, you will receive a notice that your booking was successful. You’ll also receive an emailed receipt from the shop (if after hours it will be the next business day). If you book in the shop, you’ll receive an emailed receipt. If you’re in question about whether your booked for the class, call us!
- Cancellations. If life happens and you realize you can’t make it, call us! Workshops cancelled more than 72 hours in advance will get one courtesy reschedule to the next mutually agreeable date or store credit. Cancellations within 72 hours in advance will receive half store credit. Class registration will be forfeited for cancellations on the day of the workshop. We have to pay for supplies and instructors and appreciate your understanding. If we have to cancel the class for any reason, your class fee will be fully refunded.
- Fully Booked. If a class says it’s full when you’re booking online, give us a call. Sometimes we hold a seat or two to keep from overbooking the class online.
- What to wear. Dress for comfort, and be ready to relax, learn and have fun.
- What to bring. Unless otherwise noted, our workshops include all materials, supplies, pre-printed notes, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Show up early! Doors open 20 minutes before class time. Please arrive early as classes will start on time and we don’t want you to miss any of the fun!
- Who can attend. Day workshops are suited for ages 15 and up. Evening classes are reserved for adults unless you book a private party.
Our class space is limited and some instructors prefer smaller classes so that everyone has plenty of time and attention. That means spots fill quickly! If you see something you’re interested in, book early to avoid disappointment!
Come have some fun with us!!
This event is fully booked online. To prevent overbooking, we may still have space available. Call us at 256-270-7363.