Date(s) - 02/23/2020
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Art & Soul
This is a great beginning watercolor class! You will be painting a landscape of Jones Valley Farm.
In this class we will learn how to translate a photo into a painting. We will learn about warm and cool colors that work with atmospheric perspective. We will use all our fun techniques to help us create this painting such as liquid frisket, wax crayon, salt, wet on wet technique and washes to name a few! We will also learn about having a horizon line and the rule of thirds.
There is so much to learn from this painting, and it is a beautiful landscape that Huntsville gets to enjoy every day!
The instructor, Amanda Moyer, has a MFA from the Savannah College of Art & Design and has been an architectural watercolorist in Huntsville for 10 years. She will guide you through every step and she makes it a fun class for all!
All art supplies are provided. Prepayment is required to reserve your space.
We have coffee and water available. Feel free to bring any other beverages you like.
Get your friends and enjoy a fun afternoon out!
If bookings are closed online, please call 256-270-7363 if you are interested in taking this class. We may have some spots still open or we can add you to the waitlist.
The Fine Print:
- Only payment in full holds your spot. If you book online, you will receive a notice that your booking was successful. You’ll also receive an emailed receipt from the shop (if after hours it will be the next business day). If you book in the shop, you’ll receive an emailed receipt. If you’re in question about whether your booked for the class, call us!
- Cancellations. If life happens and you realize you can’t make it, call us! Workshops cancelled more than 72 hours in advance will get one courtesy reschedule to the next mutually agreeable date or store credit. Cancellations within 72 hours in advance will receive half store credit. Class registration will be forfeited for cancellations on the day of the workshop. We have to pay for supplies and instructors and appreciate your understanding. If we have to cancel the class for any reason, your class fee will be fully refunded.
- Fully Booked. If a class says it’s full when you’re booking online, give us a call. Sometimes we hold a seat or two to keep from overbooking the class online.
- What to wear. Dress for comfort, and be ready to relax, learn and have fun.
- What to bring. Unless otherwise noted, our workshops include all materials, supplies, pre-printed notes, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Show up early! Doors open 15 minutes before class time. Please arrive early as classes will start on time and we don’t want you to miss any of the fun!
Online bookings are closed for this event. Call 256-270-7363 to find out if we have space available.